The Chiesa di San Carlo dei Lombardi is located in Via de’ Calzaiuoli. The construction was started in 1349 by Neri di Fioravante and Benci di Cione under order of the Signoria, and completed in 1404 by Francesco Talenti. The church was first consecrated to Sant’Anna and then to San Michele. The current name is the result of the transfer of the patronage of the church to the confraternity of the “Lombard nation” which took place in 1616, with the consequent dedication to San Carlo Borromeo. Today it is the ecclesiastical seat of the Archconfraternity of Parte Guelfa which carries out its liturgical celebrations. The church has a gothic gabled façade with small arches in the upper part and a large portal with a cuspid gable above which is a rose window.
The façade is realized in Pietraforte Sandstone, the steps and the pediment of the door are in Pietra Serena Sandstone.